Guides, walk-throughs, howtos.. for accomplishing various tasks.
Basic VPS install/operation
Recovering from unfortunate situations
- Resetting your VPS's root password.
- Using Softdog to restart your VPS if userland is crashed.
- Using the Bitfolk Rescue Environment to fix a VPS that will not boot.
Setting up an Email Server
I have successfully used http://workaround.org/ispmail to set up an email server for several domains. You may want to make use of Bitfolk's SpamAssassin servers, details here: http://www.bitfolk.com/customer_information.html#toc_2_SpamAssassin
- IPv6 - Configuring IPv6 on a BitFolk VPS.
- VPNs - Using VPNs with IPv6.
- Adding an additional IP address you've been assigned
Upgrading Your OS
- Upgrading your Debian VPS from Lenny to Squeeze
- Upgrading your Debian VPS from Squeeze to Wheezy - Stable to testing
- Upgrading your Debian VPS from Wheezy to Jessie
- Migrating to a new VPS
Installing Unsupported OS's
- Installing Arch Linux
- Installing Gentoo
- Installing Slackware
- Installing Slackware 14.1
- Installing Slackware 14.2